Sunday, January 21

Double Feature: Crank/Little Miss Sunshine



Interesting premise. Very XBox-esque execution. I can't say that I liked it much, but I did watch the whole thing. Ending seemed fitting, yet I thought that it was moving in a different direction from the get-go. Statham stayed true to his "roots" as the anti-hero. Smart was decent, but it was an extremely small part to get second billing on this one.










The tagline says it all on this one: A Family on the Verge of a Breakdown. Terrific acting brings this small movie into the big time. A slice of life that maybe is a little far-fetched and yet, the emotions of the family are so true. Even the smallest characterizations are fully realized (the cop, the backstage areas). I don't see this as the best picture of the year, but it was amazing and deserves every audience member that it can get.





Tally, DVD: 3

No comments: