Sunday, May 27

Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End

Photo compliments of ohloverly at Livejournal.com
I have to admit after reading a few reviews and sitting through Dead Man's Chest, I wasn't expecting much from the third installment. I was pleasantly surprised! It wrapped things up for the trilogy and gave a breath of life for the possibility of a fourth. I especially liked the meeting of the Breathren Court. The sets were large and a lot of care (and obviously) money was put into it to make it look the way it did - they were almost another character, especially the ships. I didn't care for some of the existential (Being John Malkovich-esque) Jack stuff, but it led the film back to J.Depp, so I suppose that's a good thing. All the actors seemed quite comfortable in their roles and had fun with it rather than just "phoning it in" the way some sequels seem to go.

2007 Tally, Theatre: 8

No comments: